Join us on Tuesday, May 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for a Book Fair in the Manor Activity Room – you are welcome to donate books to give away or sell. If you are selling them please have your price and name on the books. Please have your donations here on or before 9:00 a.m. on the 14th. Come and browse – you may find something you like! “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies…the man who never reads lives only one.” George R. R. Martin
Our Resident Family Picnic is next Friday, the 7th of September at 6:00pm. The invitations have been sent out, the RSVP’s have been received (mostly), and the final wrinkles are being ironed out in preparation for the big day! All Moundridge Manor and Sunrise residents are invited, along with their children and spouses. Sorry, no grandchildren. It’s not that we don’t love to have children here, just that it gets too big… We are planning a hamburger fry with all the fixin’s, baked beans, fresh fruit, chips, and ice cream sandwiches for desert. There will be some good ol’ quartet singing to enjoy later. We are also planning a raffle. There will be five items raffled off:
- Antique Parlor Table
- Book Shelf made from original old Lone Tree church lumber
- Farm Board Wall Hanging
- Moundridge Manor & Sunrise Resident Cookbook (this contains a recipe from each resident, put together scrapbook-style by Manor employees)
Raffle tickets will $5.00 each, and you can buy as many as you like. The more tickets you buy, the better your chance to win!
We are looking forward to seeing you here!
For Immediate Release; July 18, 2018
Contact: Aaron Herbel, Mercy Hospital, 620.345.6391, firstname.lastname@example.org
Travis Becker, Moundridge Manor, 620.345.6364, email@example.com
Shelby Shaw, Pine Village, 620.345.2901 ext. 257, firstname.lastname@example.org
RE: Joint Emergency Exercise to be Held by Mercy Hospital, Moundridge Manor, and Pine Village
Moundridge – Mercy Hospital, Moundridge Manor, and Pine Village, along with Moundridge EMS and the Moundridge Police and Fire Departments will hold an emergency exercise drill on July 24 (if inclement weather the backup date is July 25). This joint exercise is being conducted to enable your emergency responders and healthcare providers to be more prepared in times of disaster, and gain experience working together. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued guidance in its regulations instructing healthcare facilities to engage in these preparedness efforts. The exercise scenario will simulate a tornado affecting a portion of the Pine Village campus causing minor damage and pretended injuries to a few people. The tornado sirens will sound during this exercise around 5:30pm. All participants involved will treat this exercise as if it were real: allowing an opportunity for learning and preparation in case such a situation was reality. For more information, please contact one of the above listed or visit the Pine Village or City of Moundridge Facebook pages for current information.
The 1st Thursday Ladies’ Tea is cancelled for Thursday, January 4, 2018 due to illness in the community. We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope to see you next month!
Well it’s December, and whether we feel ready for Christmas or not – it will be here soon. Once in a while around Christmas, we get asked for gift ideas for our residents. I thought I would post a few suggestions for those of you that would like to get something nice, but feel a little blank.
- Shower gel or lotions
- Perfume, Cologne, Body Spray
- New clothes – dresses, shirts, etc.
- Soft, non-skid socks
- New comforters, quilts, throws, etc.
- Sweaters or jackets
- Books or Magazine subscriptions
- Subscription with local florist for monthly bouquet
- New wall hangings to make their rooms feel “homey”
- Calendars (larger print)
And if you would like to give a monetary donation to Moundridge Manor for something special, the following are a few items we would love to have:
- Odoscope for the West Unit (we only have one for the whole building) – $400
- Pulse Oximeter for ear lobe (more accurate oxygen reading for those with poor hand circulation) – $350 or $650, depending on type
- Ipad (s) for the Activity Dept. (would be wonderful for illustrating topics in Circle of Friends, and for interactive one-on-one activities) – around $900 each
- And for those of you that are feeling really, really generous 🙂 Activity Bus/Van (would allow us to take multiple residents with wheelchairs on outings) – ?? A LOT!!
Wishing each and every one of you a special Christmas season!