Well it’s December, and whether we feel ready for Christmas or not – it will be here soon. Once in a while around Christmas, we get asked for gift ideas for our residents. I thought I would post a few suggestions for those of you that would like to get something nice, but feel a little blank.
- Shower gel or lotions
- Perfume, Cologne, Body Spray
- New clothes – dresses, shirts, etc.
- Soft, non-skid socks
- New comforters, quilts, throws, etc.
- Sweaters or jackets
- Books or Magazine subscriptions
- Subscription with local florist for monthly bouquet
- New wall hangings to make their rooms feel “homey”
- Calendars (larger print)
And if you would like to give a monetary donation to Moundridge Manor for something special, the following are a few items we would love to have:
- Odoscope for the West Unit (we only have one for the whole building) – $400
- Pulse Oximeter for ear lobe (more accurate oxygen reading for those with poor hand circulation) – $350 or $650, depending on type
- Ipad (s) for the Activity Dept. (would be wonderful for illustrating topics in Circle of Friends, and for interactive one-on-one activities) – around $900 each
- And for those of you that are feeling really, really generous 🙂 Activity Bus/Van (would allow us to take multiple residents with wheelchairs on outings) – ?? A LOT!!
Wishing each and every one of you a special Christmas season!