Random Acts of Kindness Day – February 17
“Spread kindness to one person a day. Imagine the amount of happiness you would dispense in a lifetime.”
We had a bulletin board to post the kind deeds shown to us in the library on the West Unit. Here are some of the things different residents and employees mentioned:
- I gave smiling hearts to put on nametags on Valentine’s Day.
- Mary gave me a bag of truffles!
- Ruby always has a nice smile!
- Tim played a game of Crokinole with Melvin.
- A little girl came in the door and gave me a big smile and wave through by office window.
- Cora took time to color with two visiting girls.
- Dorothy and I sat on the patio rockers and enjoyed the sunshine!
- Vonda sat and talked with me – I like that!
- Leon gets a chair for me!
- Karen gave me some candy kisses and we gave each other a hug.
- I opened and held the freezer door open while the cook was struggling with a full load.
- Teamwork! Willingness to help others!
- I took popcorn and lemonade out to Vernon & Ethel and their family while they sat outside.
These are just a fraction of the many, many kind deeds that are done daily at the Moundridge Manor!